Pages

7/15/2016

DIGITAL ARTS AND SOME CLIENT ART








I finished my youth service in the city of Ibadan and returned home to Abeokuta in Ogun state, Nigeria. With the pessimistic thought of low art patronage due to environmental change (I’m not claiming Abeokuta habitants are broke but I’m just saying they don’t appreciate art that much).
Little did I know I was about encountering what was going to be a super challenge, met a client who was working for some kind of NGO (non-governmental organization), he wanted a graphic art related to his current project. I was excited but yet reluctant to accept the job, why? I had no experience in that department. I had to create my very own stylus pen from watching a YouTube tutorial video, made it with wires, a pen and paper tape. Then worked on a Touchscreen laptop, it very stressful and tough, but I finished the job. (Got paid, hehehe).
I’m not going to claim total credits for the whole thing, had to get some clip art from Google and I used it as a reference photo. (Didn’t make the superhero 3D environment either, Kudos to whoever did). The others, I drew and painted myself from reference images. Pretty cool eh?
As for the drawings, I had to reduce my costs though, I had student clients. A girlfriend here and a boyfriend here, still pretty handy with a pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome...