Pages

7/15/2016

PAINTING ADVENTURE BEGINS





Been away a while now, apologies. Haven’t laid my hands on a pencil for quite a while until recently and I’m not a fan of posting content without relevant reasons. Of recently, after saving for months coupled with massive help from my dad, visited the kingdom of art being artworld, which is located in one of the most beautiful cities in Nigeria, yes Ibadan! The store virtually has everything related to art (but for the love of God, I really don’t know why they don’t have any Prismacolor nor Faber-Castell colour pencils, huge sigh).
I know easels will and should be cheap in foreign countries but over here, good Lord, it’s quite expensive, so not ready to acquire such yet. Bought some paintbrushes, Beginner tube acrylics (Reeves), Palette, Palette knife and acrylic sketchpad. I tried searching for a paint tutor; their fees were outrageous, (for crying out loud, when it came to the art of drawing, I was self-taught).
Thanks to YouTube videos and eBooks, being studying and applying my knowledge almost daily, I still believe I’m one artwork from massive success, not of the academics stereotype like most people, school and education are not the same. Many are depressed studying or working whereby their hearts are somewhere else. This life is way too short to be mediocre and live the life of someone else, I refuse to be sad, and the key to happiness is in your hands. Art is my life. (Meanwhile you really have to check this link
http://cavemancircus.com/2015/07/30/15-ridiculous-pieces-of-art-that-sold-for-millions-of-dollars/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome...